[lug] WTD: Slot 1 CPU; sound card; more?

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 24 10:12:36 MST 2003

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 09:50:04AM -0700, Gary Hodges wrote:
> >and including, a PIII 500 Mhz.  The catch is I don't want to pay that
> >much.  For some reason these slot 1 CPUs command a premium on ebay
> >(Why?).  The 850's go for as much as $175 and I just can't pay anywhere
> >near that, plus the fact that I don't think they are worth it.  To help
>
> If they're going for that much on ebay, then obviously they ARE worth
> that much, eh?  ;-)

Yes, of course.  I should have said they are not worth that much to me.
If someone has one of these they will almost certainly get more for it
there (ebay) than they will from me.  If they don't want to muck around
with ebay though, I'm here!  Plus I will give that PII 400 for free to
the list, so someone's generosity will have a follow on benefit.

Thanks for the explanation on the slot 1 values.  I had guessed
something along those lines.  I've been watching the slot 1 prices
continue to increase over the past year and its getting frustrating.  At
some point they will have to drop, won't they?  Unfortunately, I could
use a little speed boost now.

Cheers,
Gary