[lug] CSS Question - Really Trivial

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Mar 24 13:15:33 MST 2003

As the Subject line says, this isn't important, but it got me to
wondering about CSS and its capabilities.  Looking at Red Hat's RH9
(marketing?) page:

http://www.redhat.com/mktg/rh9iso/

I was struck by how much I hated that "offset" text look of the "Option
#"  But, I thought, it'd be interesting to make up a CSS stylesheet that
could do that, if possible.

So, to any CSS gurus out there, is there a way to get that "offset text
in a box" look like that without resorting to "text images"?  I'm
guessing no, but I've been surprised by the power of CSS before.

Thanks,
Matt
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good