[lug] cdrecord ide-scsi

jd lug at taproot.bz
Mon Mar 24 16:32:21 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 16:07, Bear Giles wrote:
> jd wrote:
>  > the problem
> > is my cdrom is not showing up in /proc/scsi/scsi.
>
> It shouldn't.  (At least, it doesn't on my systems with real SCSI
> devices.)  Check /proc/scsi/ide-scsi.

mohadib at ns2 ~--->cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TDK      Model: CDRW241040X      Rev: 6.34
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

> > I think I have
> > all the modules loaded and i added append="hdc=ide-scsi" to lilo and
> > rebooted.
> Try adding a space - append=" hdc=ide-scsi".  Without the leading
> space this string may be smashed into whatever precedes it.  To
> clarify this, try grepping for "Kernel command line" in the dmesg
> output, or maybe grep for ide_setup.
>
> Bear

Thanks for the help Bear. It was either the space that I needed... or
I think i forgot to run "lilo" after i added "append="hdc=ide-scsi"
originally. One other question... is this a problem... its in dmesg..

ns2:~# dmesg | grep scsi
Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=Linux ro root=301 hdc=ide-scsi
ide_setup: hdc=ide-scsi
request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted ## is this normal?

thanks again,
jd