[lug] sendmail from cable/dhcp

Kenneth D. Weinert mc at morat.net
Wed Mar 26 08:56:29 MST 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:34:13 -0700
"Nate Duehr" <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> > Then don't.  I used my own domain name for many years
> Unfortunately I don't think this will work with a lot of mail servers,
> because what some of the remote mail servers are looking for is a *reverse*
> DNS entry (IP-to-name resolution, or PTR record), which he will still have

	For that, might I suggest zone-edit.com - free service for up
to 5 domains. You can specify primary and secondary mail servers for your
domain.  It's been working well for me. I also use it for dynamic DNS,
using a wget script to update the IP on the site when I reboot. That
last bit I need to enhance to also update in case the lease ever changes,
but so far that's not been a problem.

/~\ The ASCII        Ken Weinert   Ken.Weinert at ihs.com
\ / Ribbon Campaign  303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
 X  Against HTML     GnuPG: 9274F1CE  GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
/ \ Email!           1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
Who's General Failure & why's he reading my disk?