[lug] Bad Apache problem?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Wed Mar 26 14:28:30 MST 2003

Justin-lists wrote:

> All my modules/additions to Apache were also rebuilt (mod_perl,
> mod_ssl, PHP, mm) during the compilation/rebuild of Apache. The
> 'AllowOverride' directive in Apache is part of the httpd_core though
> so that wouldn't matter anyways. Is it possible to back down glibc to
> the previous version? I'd like to do that just temporarily for
> testing. That would atleast prove whether or not glibc is the cause of
> this problem. Thanks.
>
> Justin
>
> --
> glow at jackmoves.com

I've never backed out on a glibc version, it's frightening at best
(scarier than Scary Movie). I know it can be done, but have a rescue
disk ready. Perhaps someone else here could give advice on the way to
back out to the old glibc version safely...it could be simple.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com