[lug] slack 9.0 on ecs desknote

Case Jones philipj at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Mar 29 21:12:10 MST 2003

On March 29, 2003 07:33 pm, thad wrote:
> I uopgraded my ecs desknote with a fresh install of
> slack9.0 from 8.1.
>
> the desknote has a wintel type of modem, pctel which i
> made to work using binary from pctel.org with slack8.1.
> However the binary seems dont sit well with the new
> gcc3.2 which slack 9.0 has, the compilation is asking for
> some kernel headers which was not included in my
> instalation. After installing the kernel headers with the
> new slack 9.0 it is now looking for an ealier version of
> gcc.
>
> What other hack option that i can do with this?

I tried to visit pctel.org, www.pctel.org, and
ftp.pctel.org, but the connection was refused each time.
Therefore, I'm kind of answering in the dark here.

One option is to compile *just* the kernel (and kernel
modules) with the exact compiler that they are looking for.
Everything else would still work if compiled using the new
compiler.

Sincerely,

Case Jones