[lug] Wireless kit?

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sun Mar 30 00:02:54 MST 2003

<snip>
> Could I just keep the Actiontec and buy that Speedstream 4-port
> wireless hub you mentioned and blow off the idea of using the built in
> PCMCIA ports?
>
> Gary

Sure, I have one running just like that on a DSL.  The C678 difference is
that is will run up to four separate subnets natively, including public IP
space, port forwarding, and a number of other options.  That's why I'd
differentiate between the two in saying that the ActionTec is a gateway
device and the Cisco is a router.  The ActionTec is just a little different,
but a DSL/Cable router behind it will give some extended options also.

Setup of the ActionTec is dead-easy by comparison.  It's a consumer device.

Frank