[lug] gimp text

jd lug at taproot.bz
Fri Apr 4 17:46:09 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 17:57, D. Stimits wrote:
> jd wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >   Is it possible to edit a text layer in the gimp.
> >
> > thanks,
> > jd
>
> Yes, if the image has layers. Right click on the image, go to dialogues,
>   open layers, channels, & paths. In layers, highlight the layer you
> wish to edit. You can turn off or on visibility of a layer with the
> eyeball symbol, if it helps to see what is there.

and...

I hava the text layer highlighted....but im still not able to edit
the text on the text layer. This is possible with Photoshop, just
wondering if the GIMP can do it to.

Also..does anyone know a way to make a paragraph easily with the GIMP.
As it is now, I am making a text layer for each line of the paragraph,
then spacing each line to visually make a paragraph. Is there a better
way?

Thanks,
jd