[lug] Installfest Marketing specifics

Chris Riddoch Christopher.Riddoch at colorado.edu
Mon Apr 7 20:23:07 MDT 2003

Hi, again.

Here's a list of ways you can help us advertise.

* Design a flyer for us!  The one I previously made is currently at
  http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~riddochc/installfest.xcf and is rather
  low-resolution, along with being a weak design.  Can someone who's
  been playing with graphics lately possibly help make a new one?

* Once a good flyer's been made and posted, various people could be
  involved in distributing it to bookstores, coffee shops, etc.

* Call your favorite radio/TV station and ask them to put something in
  the community calendar for us.  Then post to the list saying which
  station you just called, so we don't get duplicates.

* Someone post to comp.os.linux.announce, and other relevant newsgroups.
  Then post here, so we don't get duplicates.

* Announcements to CLUE, NCLUG, etc.

* If you're in a computer science class at CU, Mines, Front Range
  Community College, etc.  Put up a few flyers!

Christopher.Riddoch at colorado.edu
 - epistemological humility -