[lug] Gimp CMYK

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Apr 8 10:06:40 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 10:28, jd wrote:
> I have decided I need to join the GIMP users list as my GIMP usage
> is getting more complex and frequent by the day. You answerd most
> of my questions. However, Im still confused about "Dot for Dot"...
>
> on or off when you are going to import a jpeg into your
> 300 dpi project?

I leave "dot for dot" enabled all the time.  I'm not exactly sure what
it's used for, but I've never had a need to change it.  When I open an
existing image I check it's DPI (see the Image->Scale menu option) and
rescale it according to my own needs.  Then I start working on it.

> and some others.... maybe ill see you on the GIMP board.

I lurk, but don't say much.  It's my way.  :-)
--
Michael J. Hammel           |  Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, cuz,
The Graphics Muse           |  like, you're crunchy and taste good with