[lug] Gimp CMYK

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Apr 8 13:03:43 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 13:01, jd wrote:
> I spoke to the people at the print house. He is telling me
> that any text in my picture will look bad because it will not be saved
> in vector format. So with this and the whole CMYK issue... i regret to
> say Im looking at using photoslop and quark.  I guess photoslop 6 and
> above will safe text in vector format but they suggest just using
> quark..

Find another printer - he's wrong.  If you make the image large enough
then the text won't look bad.  I've done it.  He probably said that
because that's all he's used to working with.  As long as the image is
the right scale initially - and no scaling is required immediately prior
to printing - then you won't have a problem.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  I love California. I practically grew up in