[lug] Installfest flyer

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Wed Apr 9 18:11:27 MDT 2003

D. Stimits said:
> Peter Hutnick wrote:

>> And it might be my printer, but the PDF version comes out kind of
>> "fuzzy" like it was a JPEG at some point.
>
> Probably needs anti-aliasing.

Hmm.  Have you ever seen text that has been JPEG compressed?  It isn't
"jaggy."  The letters have little compression artifacts floating around
them.

It is not visible on a 1:1 display in kghostview, but zooming in three
times (300%?) shows it pretty clearly.  On a 1200x1200 dpi printout it
is quite clear.

> The penguin can get color added to it, but it might make it more
> expensive to print. Do you have a sample colorized or gray-scale
> penguin
>  I can look at to try and create color or gray-scale layers?

I went to http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/, got Tux 2.0
(sit3-shine.7.gif, this is what you actually asked for), opened with the
GIMP,  Image->Mode->Grayscale, saved.

Find it and a shot of the artifacts I am talking about at
http://home.hutnick.com/images/ .

-Peter