[lug] Installfest flyer

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Thu Apr 10 13:11:11 MDT 2003

rm at fabula.de wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:12:21AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>
> >Vector is better suited to scaling, but it has to go into a gimp layer.
> >I'm not sure how easy/hard it would be to export SVG into gimp. So far
> >as I know, there is not an easy way. But that leaves a question for some
> >of our gimp experts: Is there any SVG support in gimp, or is any
> >planned? That would make my day if gimp could import and/or export SVG.
>

> Well, that's true. I guess i'd go for a vector-only format anyway. This
> seems to be better suited for a text/non-gradient product anyway.
> And, AFAIK, SVG can be converted nicely to PDF.

I'm curious what tools are being used for SVG authoring, and for the
conversion from SVG to other formats? Long ago, I did technical
illustrations under CorelDraw while writing manufacturing automation
software, and wish there were better vector-based drawing under Linux
(for free of course). SVG I think holds a lot of promise in this area,
but it doesn't seem to be sufficiently supported yet.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com