[lug] Converting MS-Access to text/MySQL

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Fri Apr 11 02:33:15 MDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:29:50AM -0600, Rob Nagler wrote:
> Jeff Schroeder writes:
> > import directly to MySQL.  This needs to be scripted (via cron,
> > probably) so I can automatically parse and import the Access data.
>
> DBD::ODBC works great.  Replace myfile, my_table, 65535, etc. below:

Yes, indeed, but afai understand the original poster doesn't want to
run Access ;-)
Long ago i had similar problems and was searching for a library to read
MsAccess files. Back then i found a project working on this problem --
ath that time the code was still to alpha and unstable for my use but
it might be much better now. Hmm, if i can dig out my old tarfiles i'll
mail the web address.

 Ralf Mattes