[lug] Colorado "Super-DMCA" bill impacts on Internet, privacy, security

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Fri Apr 11 08:55:04 MDT 2003

Yeah - it's hard to get into the swing of how legislation happens.

The bill in Colorado just passed a third reading in the senate, but
with amendments so it goes back to the house, scheduled for a vote
late this afternoon.  I hope that it does not make it today and is
held over until next week.  It will help a lot to just ask your rep to
look at it, since the amendments are pretty significant.

  http://www.vote-smart.org/index.htm

See the calendars and journals at
http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/stateleg.html for more info.

The amendments did help with the NAT/VPN stuff, but it is still a
classic DMCA-like bill.

-Neal