[lug] tcpdump syntax

Scotty Allen scotty at scottyallen.com
Sat Apr 12 01:17:19 MDT 2003

> The bridge I am dumping from has no X11, though I could use a -display
> option. What options do I have which runs on console? I probably won't
> install any of the X11 libs just to do a remote display.

As I mentioned, ethereal runson the command line also, so it shouldn't be an
issue.  However, I remember it being roughly as frustrating to configure,
with the benefit being that ethereal has a relatively large library of
application specific packet parsers, so you can see ftp packets that make
sense, and telnet packets that make sense, etc.

-Scotty