[lug] Converting MS-Access to text/MySQL (fwd)

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Mon Apr 14 14:59:14 MDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:05:52PM +0200, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> [... about ...]
> > http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/
>
> That's the project i was refering to in a previous post. When i had
> a look at it (quite a while ago) the library had some problems
> (i think i traced them down to tables with deleted fields). But
> looking at their website now it looks like the code improved quite
> a bit.

Just for the fun of it i downloaded/compiled the library and run my
old project against it. The data export went pretty well [1] and it
does everything i needed back then. So, if exporting or read-only access
is all you neeed i'd say go for it (the lib comes with an unixODBC driver
as well).

Ralf Mattes

[1] The only problem i encountered during cvs-export was a NULL integer
field that got dropped. I'd have to dig into the code to see where the
actual problem is ...