Massive Mozilla 1.3 Slowdowns.. was Re: OT: Re: [lug] Letting Bush do the Arithmetic... Burning Books in Baghdad

Case Jones philipj at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Apr 15 23:08:34 MDT 2003

Benjamin Manthey wrote:
> Well said.
> I would like to propose that this list have some sort of "terms of use." We
> could then boot people who insist on posting offensive or spam-like off
> topic posts.
>
> --Ben

Well that's an idea.  Anyway, while composing some off-list emails I
noticed that mozilla *really* slowed down, to the point where it was
taking 1 second per character to display.  I checked top, and it looked
like mozilla was the only process, and it was hogging a *lot* of CPU
time.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Also, there are tonnes of
"[mozilla-bin <defunct>] messages when I do a "ps ax". Has anyone here
noticed this?

Case