[lug] Look ma, I got a MUA!

Nick Golder purenrg at hiveportal.net
Tue Apr 15 23:18:21 MDT 2003

<super rant>
WTF?  I have seen more off-topic BS spouting personal beliefs/agendas ON
THIS ONE LIST than I have on ALL the other Linux/BSD lists combined
over a few years.  I believe in everyone's right to voice an opinion AS
LONG as it is succint and relevant to the list.  Anyways, you know what
they say about opinions...

For those that have demoted their "clue" cards for the
"pseudo-intellectual" deck, I will do you a favor, THIS IS A LINUX USER
GROUP MAILING LIST.  If it doesn't pertain to Linux/Open Source/Free
Software on some DIRECT level then take your thread else where where it
will be more useful (and won't waste my precious bandwidth).

It is beyond me how a Super-DMCA bill on the state level warrants
Michael Moore for president or a friendly RTFM from a post-doc leads to
the generalization that all post-docs are ego-massagers.

Maybe I am way off base here and the BLUG is an open-for-all mailing
list that just rides under the LUG title.  But then again, I kind of
doubt it.
</super rant>

Are there any netiquette guidelines for this mailing list?

-Nick Golder