Massive Mozilla 1.3 Slowdowns.. was Re: OT: Re: [lug] Letting Bush do the Arithmetic... Burning Books in Baghdad

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Apr 16 00:04:43 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 23:08, Case Jones wrote:

> Well that's an idea.  Anyway, while composing some off-list emails I
> noticed that mozilla *really* slowed down, to the point where it was
> taking 1 second per character to display.  I checked top, and it looked
> like mozilla was the only process, and it was hogging a *lot* of CPU
> time.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Also, there are tonnes of
> "[mozilla-bin <defunct>] messages when I do a "ps ax". Has anyone here
> noticed this?

Hi Case,

I think there are still some memory leaks in Mozilla.  I've found that
killing all the Mozilla (or Galeon) processes once every few days seems
to speed things up.

But thats just my perspective and I've no hard data to back it up.  If I
did, I'd file a bug report!  ;-)

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD