Please let this thread die. Was Re: OT: Re: [lug] Letting Bush do the Arithmetic... Burning Books in Baghdad

Case Jones philipj at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Apr 16 08:55:05 MDT 2003

Andrew Diederich wrote:
> This really is offtopic, and inappropriate for the Linux list. I think an
> appropriate rule of thumb is that if it is offtopic for Slashdot, it is
> certainly offtopic here.

Before this gets any bigger, please accept my apologies and let the thread die.

I already sent private emails to the other people who complained, and explained
that I really did not think that the email was entirely off-topic because of the
issue of information loss and how as many people who are interested in Linux are
very concerned about intellectual freedom.  A very very large part of that
freedom was irreversably taken away from all of us, and in some way that *is*
relevant to the very core free software and Linux.  Several people wrote back
and agreed that if I had made that connection more clear, then they would not
have been quite as incensed.

That said, I cede to the collective wisdom of the group and wish to apologize
and to stop any further posts on this topic.

Sincerely,

Case Jones