[lug] Ideas to Improve This List

J. Wayde Allen wallen at village.org
Thu Apr 17 10:32:11 MDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Peter Hutnick wrote:

> I checked to see if there were guidelines before I posted, as I am growing
> tired of the flavor of my foot, and I could find none.

Like I indicated, if you want to type something up it can easily be
implemented.  You did sort of volunteer as I recall ... <wink>.

> I am a believer in lots of tightly targeted lists clustered around a
> general topic.  That way users can pick and choose what kinds of list
> traffic they want, cafeteria style.

I agree to an extent, however, I do think that there is a balancing act
here.  Make too many lists with sharply defined topics and it becomes
difficult to determine just where to post.

> Of course, this engenders cross-posting.  Perfection is so elusive.

This may be an indication of lists too narrowly focused.

> >> I'd happily take on the admin duties of such a list.  (For the record
> >> I was the primary admin of /all/ of the SquirrelMail lists for 18+
> >> months.)
> >
> Woah.  I'd have to think twice on taking over the whole enchilada.

You did say you'd consider taking over the "admin duties of such a
list" as noted above.  Think about it.

- Wayde
  (wallen at village.org)