[lug] IDE RAID and good hardrives

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Apr 17 14:30:45 MDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 12:01:02AM +0000, j davis wrote:
>This drive makes 138 gigs lost in less that a year. 120 of those
>gigs were drives that were less than a year old. The three 40gig'ers
>were IBM,WD,Maxtor. The only drive I have now had more than a year that has

I'm glad to see that you're still resisting the temptation to implement
some sort of backup procedure.  :-P

I have around 40 IBM drives that I deal with regularly in our office and
server facility.  They've been quite reliable for me.  I wouldn't run
without backups though...

The 3ware RAID cards work just fine.

Sean
--
 It often shows a fine command of a language to say nothing.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/