[lug] X term home directory

Andrew Gilmore agilmore at uc.usbr.gov
Wed Apr 30 07:45:24 MDT 2003

On my Redhat 7.2 box in GNOME, I've found that my gnome-terminals start
in my old home directory, even after switching my home to a NFS mounted
dir. There does not appear to be any GUI editable setting for this.

The next time I logout of X, I'll make sure and close all my terminals,
and make sure that the last one is in my new home dir. That may fix it.

I have noticed that the terminals try to remember what directory they
were in.

Andrew