ext3 root? was Re: [lug] XFS filesystem core code goes into AC series

Kevin L. Moore klmoore at digitalglobe.com
Wed Apr 30 09:57:05 MDT 2003

Yes, you can make Linux root drives with XFS. Mandrake allows you to
choose it during the install. With RedHat you'll need to go to the SGI
Opensource page and get the RedHat XFS Boot ISO and make a boot cd to do
it. As the thread has mentioned, hopefully RedHat will include it
soon.....Kevin

p.s. I've mkfs'd a 2 TB XFS file system on an SGI box in under 4
minutes-pretty fast......K

--
Systems Administrator
DigitalGlobe Inc.