[lug] CAN NOT PRINT, need help

John Rosing rosingj at earthlink.net
Thu May 1 22:21:42 MDT 2003

I am a very new user of linux for less than a week, while working in the
  dos and ms/windows environment for over 30 years.

I have successfully partitioned a 40 ghz drive to use 12 ghz for linux
while maintaining my MS windows capability. I have 3 physical computers
in my home (A,B, & C) all hubbed together and using Sprint Wireless
Broadband to connect to the internet. My "A" computer is partitioned as
"A_ms" and "A_lx".

A_ms uses the ME platform and an Epson 820 printer, all working correctly.

A_lx uses the Redhat 9.0 platform kernel 2.4.20-9 (or can use 2.4.20-8).
When it starts up it detects the condition of the 820 as configured but
when I attempt to print, only a "generic" printer is recognized and
nothing is printed.

I would very much appreciate any help in making the printer work mo
linux as it works on MS.

John Rosing
rosingj at earthlink.net