[lug] Parport Error

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Fri May 2 11:41:07 MDT 2003

SoloCDM wrote:

> I have parport in my /etc/modules file.  Nothing happened until
> recently.  When the server is booting I get the following error:
>
>    parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven
>    operation.
>
> How can the situation be corrected?

I think it is just telling you that it is in a low performance mode that
polls continuously (or at least continuously when told to print), rather
than using IRQ to tell it when there is data available/requested. You
can read more about it in the kernel source tree Documentation directory:
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/parport.txt
or
/usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/parport.txt

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com