[lug] [OT] automake question

Scott Herod herod at dimensional.com
Sun May 4 16:07:45 MDT 2003

Hello,

I've got a (hopefully) quick automake question.  I'm autoconf'ing an
existing project.  For better or worst, one thing that the existing
Makefiles do is allow people to add source files without touching any of
the Makefiles.  Basically, "find" is called to generate the source list.
I've been requested to keep that functionality present.

I tried doing so with something like:

    main_SOURCES = @f_main_srcs@

where f_main_srcs is generated with a "find" call in the configure
script, but I get an error with text:

Makefile.am:6: `main_SOURCES' includes configure substitution
`@f_main_srcs@', and is referred to from `main_SOURCES': configure
substitutions not allowed in _SOURCES variables

Has anyone got a good way to do this?

Thanks,

Scott