[lug] simplest way to change ./configure in a .src.rpm?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Tue May 6 21:51:22 MDT 2003

> Hi Dan,
>
> I think the command you want is "rpmbuild -ba specfile" which uses the
> specfile that *you* specify, not the one in the source package.

Thanks for the answers on the -ba option.

Now another question, if I do a --rebuild from an rpm that I created by
editing the configure to include debug symbols, meaning configure left
symbols in during a rebuild of my rpm with the spec file modified, is
there a way to guarantee that rpm will not try to be too smart, and
strip debugging symbols? I want to be absolutely sure that rpm does not
mess with symbol stripping.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com