[lug] (no subject)

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Thu May 8 09:32:21 MDT 2003

Check the QMail faq... there's a problem involving errno that started
showing up in RedHat 9, for which a qmail patch is available. Mandrake
9.1 may be having the same problem.  It's something to do with a system
library change.

On Thursday 08 May 2003 02:52 am, Paul Nowosielski wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>  I'm trying to build qmail/tcpd  for a mail server and I keep getting
> the build error:
>
>  undefined reference to `errno' in qmail and tcpd.
>
> I'm using Mandrake 9.1 .
>
> I added ------> include error.h
> to the header of the .c file giving the error with the same results.
> I've done some googleing and it seems others have had the same problem
> with other distro's when installing qmail. But then why would it crop
up
> in tcpd(same error)??
>
> I'm *almost* certain I have the appropriate libraries.
> I built hdparm with not a wink of problem.
>
> The weird thing is I've installed qmail and tcpd many times on
Mandrake

)

> 2nd: Should I try another distro and see if I get better results? I
use
> mandrake because its what I've used it forever and I feel an
obligation
> to use the product which is very very good for the most part but I
also
> notice a lot of enthusiasts
> who smirk at Mandrake as a beginners distro.....when in reality I
think
> of it as a distro that is bringing Linux to the desktop and is still a
> great server platform...
>
> I'm thinking slackware because it seems to not get that much attention
> and it has a cool name. But really I'd rather not re-install anything.
>
> Any of your suggestions to solve this would be most appreciated!
>
> --
> Paul Nowosielski <paul at danamusic.com>

Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology