[lug] postgres

Jason W. Strnad jstrnad at mac.com
Thu May 8 14:59:07 MDT 2003

 From the O'Reilly Practical PostgreSQL:

"Though any user may connect to a database, if they wish access to
objects within that database they must have those privileges explicitly
granted to them."

 From my (admittedly limited) use of PostgreSQL I have understood this
statement to be correct.  You can protect parts of a DB from users, but
any user who can connect to the DB server, can connect to any DB.

If I have this wrong please correct me.

- - -jasons