[lug] promise ata-raid

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue May 13 09:50:01 MDT 2003

I have a soyo motherboard that has the Promise Fasttrack IDE Raid
who-dad (not really controller, not really software) on it.

I have set it up as a mirror with two identical disks.  formatted it
okay (after doing modprobe pdcraid) and by adding alias block-major-114
pdcraid to modules.conf, everything boots well.

For some reason, though, I am getting messages like this during the boot
up process and in /var/log/messages

May 13 11:21:46 dhcp9 kernel: Invalid ioctl
May 13 11:21:46 dhcp9 kernel: Invalid ioctl

they seem to be from the pdcraid module, but I don't know whether or not
I should worry about them.  If they are from the module, they are the
result of hitting the default case in a case statement.

Any thoughts on this?

Hugh