[lug] Boot errors

Terry Branaman t-branaman at attbi.com
Tue May 13 10:24:43 MDT 2003

I am having major problems with my Linux installation; so bad that I
have had to go back to M$ Windows just to be able to send an email!

During the boot sequence I get the following message:
    Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode: mount: / not mounted
already, or bad option
Then, since my root partition is read-only, nothing else works from that
point on.

I have a Dell Dimension XPS T500
hda has my windows partitions
hdb is an 80 GB drive; the first 10GB is / (including all the usual
directories), the rest is workspace and general storage. Both partitions
are ext3.
I was running Mandrake 9.1. After this started happening I switched to
Debian.

Terry Branaman
T-branaman AT attbi.com