[lug] Scrolling in KDE

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Fri May 16 10:47:47 MDT 2003

John wrote:

> have noticed that if you hold down the L and R buttons together in
> KDE, you can scroll the page by moving the mouse.

Typically in X, holding down the left and right buttons together
emulates a third (middle) button on the mouse.  I think the option in
XFConfig86 is something like "Emulate3Buttons", and it's usually
something you can select during your Linux install.

Anyway, some apps will use the middle button for scrolling.  Are you
seeing this behavior with ALL applications, or just a few (like xterm)?

I'm not sure how you "locked" this behavior, though...

HTH,
Jeff

P.S. In Red Hat you can run 'mouseconfig' to set up your mouse
options... YMMV with other distros.