[lug] non-linear loss of time

Nick Golder purenrg at hiveportal.net
Sun May 18 09:45:16 MDT 2003

I have Debian GNU/Linux box that is somehow managing to lose time.  The
odd thing is that it is doing it in a non-linear fashion.  I now have it
setting via two local NTP servers that are keeping within 0.05 uSec of
each other (which could also be network latency).  I can lose anywhere
from 5 seconds to 8 minutes in a given 24 hour period.  What could be
causing this?

It is an Abit BF6 MB with an Intel PIII 450MHz proc.  It is a new CMOS
battery (within the last 6 months).  I can understand a linear loss of
time but this is crazy.

--
-Nick Golder
http://www.hiveportal.net