[lug] iptables question

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon May 19 07:58:26 MDT 2003

On Sunday 18 May 2003 09:31 am, dan radom wrote:

> I've written a script called quicktables that generates a set of
> iptables rules based on answers you give to a few questions.  You should
> take a look at it, generate some rules, and compare with your script.
> It is available from http://qtables.radom.org/

Nice.  I could've used this last week.  I did find fwbuilder, instead,
which is harder to use but much more powerful.  But for what I wanted,
quicktables would have been perfect.

I hope you will consider adding some more standard recipies to quicktables.
For instance, syn-flood protection is easy to add, and should probably be
in most firewalls.  I think there are several such iptables recipies that
would be easy and could make a big difference.

Thanks,

Michael