[lug] X11 Protocol, migrating windows to remote displays

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon May 19 08:43:47 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 00:43, Nate Duehr wrote:
> I've only read about it, but isn't this kinda what x2x does?  Maybe not...
> you want the ability for another machine to "steal" stuff off the
> windowmanager of another... but x2x supposedly allows you to display one
> desktop across multiple X servers, right?

Going by the project details @ freshmeat, I'd say no.  It just allows
local user input devices to control a multiple (and remote) X servers.
Unless theres more to it, it doesn't appear to allow moving the clients
to the remote display.

A glance through the code looks like that is about all it does, but I
didn't go through it thoroughly.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com