[lug] Playing musical machines...

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Tue May 20 10:41:37 MDT 2003

Hey all,

I'm probably going to (finally) upgrade my wife's computer (currently a
450MHz AMD K6/2 w/3D NOW; a nice game machine when I bought it).  I'll
prolly wind up getting a whole new setup, since they are all pretty darn
cheap.

The question I have is this.  Currently, I have a 233MHz P2 acting as my
home DHCP server/router/firewall.  It's got 128MB of EDO RAM (60nS, I
think); a 2.5GB drive, and not much else.  Besides the obvious (faster,
bigger drive, more memory, etc), is there any benefit to making the AMD
machine the new firewall?

Viggy