[lug] RedHat 9?

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed May 21 08:59:42 MDT 2003

Just received the May KRUD disks, which are now based off RedHat 9. The
transition 7.x to 8 was messy (there's stuff I still haven't gotten
working again since the update). And now I'm using my laptop for work
related stuff and don't have a lot of time to spend retweaking it.

Does anyone have any feelings for how ugly this transition is likely to
be? Upgrade at lunch? Upgrade this evening? Wait for the long weekend?
Run away screaming and reconsider switching to mandrake (since I'm a
KDE user...)?

I know that RedHat 9 breaks qmail... any other gotchas to watch out for?
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction