[lug] RedHat 9?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Thu May 22 09:09:40 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 08:48, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> So what's the deal - why did RH "disavow" Galeon?  Is there a list of
> other apps that fall under this category?  It'll be nice to know which
> apps are missing so I can add that to my "to-be-processed" list during
> the upgrade.

The only reason I know about it is that galeon disappeared from
Rawhide.  It isn't there anymore.  Perhaps they disappeared it because
they are trying to get galeon 1.3 working, but I don't know.  They
usually just keep an old version around until they jump to a new
version.

However, Marco's epiphany *is* in Rawhide.  This is what led me to think
that they have dropped galeon.  Epiphany does seem to be more in keeping
with the KISS approach that Red Hat seems to be going toward.

Either way, I'm going to ask the galeon user list, see what they say...
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good