[lug] Redhat 9 Library Linking problems

Andrew Gilmore agilmore at uc.usbr.gov
Tue May 27 08:55:03 MDT 2003

I dug into this a bit, and found when I run ld as myself, a different
ld-linux.so was found than when I run under sudo. Go figure. I ended up
running strace on ld and watched the birdie.

Problem solved by copying /lib/ld-linux.so to the offending location
(copied oracle installation from a different machine). I could also have
fixed my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I was lazy.

Thanks for the reply,

Andrew