[lug] partitioning a build machine

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Tue May 27 17:32:35 MDT 2003

Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 14:11, Peter Hutnick wrote:
>
> >See "man rdev"
> >Don't put filesystems in other systems /etc/fstab.
> >
> >But why not use GRUB?
>

> Because I've never used it before.  :-)  If Grub can manage this for me,
> then all the better.  I'll look into it.  Thanks.

IMHO, grub is very easy to use, since you install it once, and merely
edit the config file to change it (unlike lilo). The down side is that
the /boot/ partition containing the grub.conf (sym linked to this from
/etc/) must remain available, or you lose all boot from grub. This
really isn't too bad though.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com