[lug] OT: M$

Brian Stiff bstiff929 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 16:04:21 MDT 2003

Remember the last time the Linux community got all hot
and bothered about the sold-at-a-loss internet PC, the
Netpliance I-opener?  The company ended up ceasing
operations soon after linux fans starting turning out
in droves.  It turns out that buying their computers
for cheap Linux PC's broke their business model of
wringing money out of consumers with a PC that they
sold at a loss and charged exhorbitant rates for
internet service.

Think we can put microsoft out of business in the same
fashion?

:-)

-B