[lug] More Spam Please?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 2 12:25:23 MDT 2003

OK folks, this is perhaps the stupidest question I've ever posed (and I
post on a.r.k), but it has a purpose.  Is there a good, reversible way
to get more spam?

I ask because the spamassassin where I work just got upgraded to 2.5x,
so there is now Bayesian fun.  But, I never kept the spam I'd get.
Procmail would put it in a Spam folder, I'd look and delete it.  Thus,
without the 1000s of pieces of spam needed, it'll be a good 9 months or
so before enough spam reaches me (I get 6 or so a day) to train the
filter.

I know I could unmask my email address on Usenet and post to an
alt.binaries group, but that seems a rather unstoppable method.  I know
of people with Spam collections, but I'm afraid it'd throw the
statistics out of whack if I tried that (since it's not "my" spam).

Any suggestions?

Matt
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good