[lug] More Spam Please?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 2 13:41:26 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 13:25, John E. Koontz wrote:
> At 12:56 PM 6/2/2003 -0600, the Matt uttered:
> >No.  The main reason is that I get quite a few large HTML messages that
> >SA *really wants* to make spam.  They are daily/weekly newsletters and
> >comics mails that have all the right words to hammer SA.
>
> Can't you prefilter on the sending address?   Trying to distinguish a
> random comic from spam seems like a lost cause.

Sure, and I do in procmail (and it isn't random.  I pay mycomicspage.com
for the non-randomness).

I currently have a pretty big procmail+.spamassassin/user_prefs setup
for spam/ham filtering that works well.  But, I want to see if I can
remove my prefilters and white/blacklists and see if the Bayesian
filtering can work (or not).

Just wanting to try out the effectiveness of the system or not.  If I
don't like it, it's easy enough to do a "use_bayes 0".

Matt
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good