[lug] internet dialer and netscape don't communicate

dan radom dan at radom.org
Mon Jun 9 15:21:54 MDT 2003

* Ernie Stiltner (stiltner at indra.com) wrote:
>                                                 June 9, 2003
>
> I bring up internet dialer, log into my isp and then netscape - or mozilla or
> kmail... and each of them claims there is no internet connection. I can get to
> the isp via minicom with no trouble.
>
> How do I get netscape and dialer to communicate?
>
> Redhat 7.2, kde desktop...

It sounds like pppd isn't setting a default route or updating dns
probably.  Have you tried pinging an IP address while connected?
generally you'll want to link /etc/ppp/options/resolv.conf to
/etc/resolv.conf, and make sure you're using the ppp options
"userpeerdns" and "defaultroute".  Check /etc/ppp/options and route -n
for a default route.

dan