[lug] SAMBA

jd lug at taproot.bz
Sun Jun 15 20:27:43 MDT 2003

generally samba is pretty easy to set up. If you have a default conf
just make sure you put the box in the right workgroup and have defined
shares at the bottom. Then make sure you add user accounts to your
smbpasswd file. like so...

smbpasswd -a biilybob

the -a says this is a new user. Then just turn it on...this should give
you basic SMB services.

also, you will get more help if you told the symptoms of the
failure....I.E. does the box show up and is just un-accesable...or does
it not show up in "Network Neghboorhood" at all.

HTH,
jd