[lug] SAMBA

Gregory Haggquist gwh at traptek.com
Wed Jun 18 12:31:10 MDT 2003

Here is a bit more information.

The Samba Server does not show up on the Network Neighborhood of any of the
Window boxes. Further, when running
	smbclient -L servername

I get the following output:
	added interface ip=192.168.0.2 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
	session request to YMA failed (Not listening for calling name)
	session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening for calling name)

When I run
	testparm

The output looks like there are no errors and is written correctly.

I have added a user and a password using the smbpasswd command as
recommended below. I have turned off all security using
	services ipchains stop
	services iptables stop

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help,