[lug] pte_offset in a device driver isn't being found

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Jun 20 18:43:23 MDT 2003

I'm trying to compile a driver that is using pte_offset().  Linux Device
Drivers says that include asm/page.h and asm/pgtable.h for this.  I've
added these (they were missing) but I still get "implicit declaration of
function pte_offset" when I compile.  The object compiles okay, but I
want to clean this last warning up before trying the driver out.

I'm including /usr/include and /usr/src/linux-<uname -r>/include in the
header search path.  I don't think that's the problem - it seems more
like some defined value isn't getting set to make this function
prototype visible in the header, though a glance through both page.h and
pgtable.h doesn't show what that value might be.

Any one have any ideas why I might be getting this?  Jon Corbet - you
around?
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com