[lug] Qwest DSL modem

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 23 15:12:01 MDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:56:56AM -0600, Gregory Haggquist wrote:
>IP and port forwarding. The Cisco 678 requires you to use telnet and a
>command line interface while the ActionTec can be connected using a web

Obviously you don't remember the Denial of Service triggered by one of
the IE worms.  Running older firmware with the Cisco web config service
enabled and on it's default port would cause the modem to lock up
whenever a remote site tried to do the exploit on it.

The Cisco DOES have a web config interface.  I don't recall that I've
ever used it though.

Sean
--
 I hear a cow jack-knifed on the Harley Memorial Bridge...  There was milk
 everywhere.  -- Stephanie, _Newhart_